AMP

AMP
Music, Albums & Gigs Reviewed

Wednesday 25 January 2012

NEW ALBUM NEWS - Steve Christopher


Here is the latest news on Steve Christopher's 2nd album to follow 'MONNDANCE' featured on a previous blog.




Things are slowly progressing towards April as the release month for Album # 2.

On a recent radio show it appears to have assumed the name Partay til Dawn as the title track.. Who am I to argue. Tracks so far outlined and earmarked are:

Partay on til Dawn,

On the Level,

We are the Children,

Not letting go,

She will have her day,

Damned if I do (Currently my favourite),

Rock n Roll Mama,

Finally,

and W.Q.A.

The title for this last song comes from what was going through my mind when I had to save the work done on it. It does'nt really relate to the lyrics but it means. "What questions answered".

Partay... is what is suggests, Music... Parties.... Good sesh... You get the picture.

On the Level, is based on our recent re-involvement with children. Never lie to a child, always be open and honest and the rewards mostly will be trust and honesty back at you.

We are the Children, is along similar lines but more seeing the world through a childs eyes and heart. They need to be heard, loved and understood. That's our job as adults.

Not letting go, is a general opinion about how relationships can build and suffer because one partner was insincere in the beginning and folds the gaming table up and takes it with them (figuratively speaking)

She will have her day, is tracking the three main stages (very losely) of a girls growing from baby, to teenager to adult. I like the song and make no apologies for assumptions of the female psyche.

Damned if I do, is a remake of a song I originally recorded a couple of years ago called Drive to my Caravan. My partner Mel, felt that needed more work so I changed it completely and I love the result.

Rock n Roll Mama, was a throwback to my days jamming in Rock and Roll bands and doing sessions for anyone who would have me. It's tongue in cheek fun

W.Q.A, is purely written round a riff that I liked and expanded on. The lyrics grew as the recording went on about prejudices, reading a book by it's cover and about a particular one sided relationship I had with a very shallow person. You'll get the picture when you listen to the words....?

All these tracks are vocal tracks and as such are in keeping with the album mindset.

I sincerely hope you can get some enjoyment from this album. What will here is genuinely me exposed as a vulnerable person that has feelings. Just like you.

Steve Christopher


No comments:

Post a Comment