AMP

AMP
Music, Albums & Gigs Reviewed

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Don't Cry For Me Argentina (story behind the mix)





On 16th June I was sent in early hours a final mix of a classic song just been revamped.
'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' from the musical 'Evita'.

This has been cranked up a notch with a rock guitar rift but still tells the story with passion.
It features Pete Waller AKA DeafboyOne and Bre Kilpin AKA Breeze.

Now the story behind the song -
No not talking real story about Eva Peron we all know that already & if you don't watch the film with ole Mads in.
This is story behind this mix
Well a few months ago a friend of mine a Graham Collins who helps me with merchandise on my artists he was listening to DeafboyOne and said "I bet you he could do a wicked Ian Dury with 'What a waste' tell him". So I did 2 week later I played Graham this MP3 & he was right it was so cool had that cockney charm to it.
On leaving Graham turned to me & said "oh! for a laugh tell Pete I bet him he won't do a cover of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' that will stump him".
Well I offered Pete this as a dare & Pete responded with "you know I can see something in that what will work".
Soon as I knew Pete was up for it I said "what if we brought Bre in?", see at time Bre was already getting known to Pete as she was teaming up for another duet for a featured DUETS EP out later in year. I first thought of only opening the track with her EVITA style cry of the song title.
Well Pete thought it was a great idea & I should ask Bre & within a few days Bre had recorded a few versions of title line & emailed them to Pete.
After a search for news reels for very start & hearing Bre we both decided it be so fantastic to give Bre more of the song.
So I emailed again & Bre recorded what you now hear on the finished mix.
The end was finished with a whisper & WOW!! GOOSEBUMPS

What amazes me is Pete is in Sydney Australia, I am in Worthing West Sussex UK and Bre is up in Linc UK and everything gets sent to that master of engineers Rod Willner also in Sydney as Pete says "the world is getting smaller"

I really hope you all enjoy the mix of Breeze & DeafboyOne
*NOTE look out for their duet coming soon 'All by Myself'& the DUETS EP (more info on that coming soon)

COMMENT FROM Juan Pablo Mazzola AKA Baby Scream (Argentina)

Well done!
It touched me man, great song, great concept.
I love the "Evita" play, of course, the real story is a bit different and a lot more darker...
PerĂ³n was a a close friend of my dad, weird stuff.
I will promote this.
Juan


Click here to liten to track
http://www.ilike.com/artist/deafboyone/track/Dont+Cry+for+me+Argentina

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve I think the co-operation and teamwork involved with this and other songs is breathtaking. When we first heard Breezes vocal we knew it was something special. The wonderful thing is for me personally I would never have normally considered taking on a song like "Dont Cry for me Argentina" and its great to be pleasantly surprised! Furthermore to have duetted with a class act like Breeze makes me feel profoundly humble yet very proud to have been involved. Big thankyou to you and to Graham of course! Bring it on! yep the world is getting smaller... DB1 :)

    ReplyDelete